White cloud minnows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cbsushi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone have some tips on how to breed white cloud minnows. How do you know the female is ready to spawn. What do the eggs look like. Water temp. Ph. And so on. HELP

Get marbles in the bottom of your tank, this prevents the eggs and fry from being eaten, your female is ready to spawn when she is rounded and fat, males have a small white line from there eyes to there tails, that's how you sex them, they will eventually spawn, good luck

Your female will get sooooo fat. And you suddenly see your males get really bright and colourful and start flaring their find at other males and showing off to the female. And chasing her down to do the deed. From experience I usually see eggs stuck to gravel or grass or my plants. Having marbles is a great idea but I just had WCM and no other fish so they didn't eat their eggs. Within a few days, you see little black specks floating at the top of your tank. I used to get hundreds. I then removed as much as I can scooping them out with a container or a really fine net. Or just leave them in. As long as te adults are fed well, they generally won't eat their babies. Good luck!

Ok Thanks a lot. My female is pretty large and the one male chases the other male away. He is constantly going after the female. I have two angelfish guppies. Plates. And guppy fry in the tank too.

The other fish will most likely eat your fry. If you want to save then, the marbles will help or just pray that when you next see it, there are heaps for you to save and put in a fry tank or attachment

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom