White clouds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tseros7768

Aquarium Advice Regular
I would like to know if mollies,white clouds,and bettas are all compatable. If not please let me know why!
Tommy

I had white clouds and a betta housed together with no problems. You have to watch the water temp a bit. I tried to keep my tank towards the low end of the betta preference and the high end of the white cloud preference since they are cold water fish.

If you live in a place where it is hard to keep your tank cool, the white clouds will survive, but not necessarily thrive. I got them when I lived in Flagstaff, AZ and I moved to Phoenix with them. They only lived for a year after my move. It was tough to keep the tank below 76 degrees there.

I know severum mama and HN1 said they had white clouds breeding in 80 degree water, so I think they will be fine at higher temps. Not saying you should crank it up, lol, but I plan on having my tank around 76-78 with golden white clouds . The mollies should be fine with them, they are both peaceful type fish. Not sure what strata the mollies stay in but I know white clouds like to be towards the top of the tank.

It also depends on their tempermants. :)

I would like to know if mollies,white clouds,and bettas are all compatable. If not please let me know why!
Tommy

As long as your bettas are female they will get along with the mollies and white clouds, if they are males I would keep a close eye because males are aggresive.

Mollies and white clouds will have no problem with each other, both are tropical, peaceful, community fish.

Yes I would be more worried about the betta. It can also go the other way though, I have seen bettas ripped to pieces in community tanks.

It depends on the betta.

I have a 10 gallon with 6 white clouds and Blueberry the male betta and they get along fine. Even during feeding they will all be swimming and eating in close proximity with no issues at all. I do feed Blueberry first as bettas aren't the greatest at competing for food. It is easy enough to do since he is always begging for food as soon as I approach the tank....

I am eventually moving my white clouds to my in-process 75g and replacing them in the 10 gallon with 8 Cardinal Tetras. I only hope Blueberry gets on well enough with them as he does with the white clouds.

It depends on the betta.

I have a 10 gallon with 6 white clouds and Blueberry the male betta and they get along fine. Even during feeding they will all be swimming and eating in close proximity with no issues at all. I do feed Blueberry first as bettas aren't the greatest at competing for food. It is easy enough to do since he is always begging for food as soon as I approach the tank....

I am eventually moving my white clouds to my in-process 75g and replacing them in the 10 gallon with 8 Cardinal Tetras. I only hope Blueberry gets on well enough with them as he does with the white clouds.

I would be a little more careful on mixing tetras with bettas, tetras are more in the category of fin nippers then other small minnow like schooling fish.

I would be a little more careful on mixing tetras with bettas, tetras are more in the category of fin nippers then other small minnow like schooling fish.

Yea. Cardinals are supposed to be peaceful though. And I know quite a few people have kept neons with Bettas. Don't know if neons and cardinals behave a lot differently or not.

If it becomes an issue than the Cardinals will get moved to the 75g as well and I will probably put some Corys in the tank with the Betta.

I really hope it doesn't come to that, though, as Cardinals are a favorite of my wife, and the 10g is in our family room on the main floor, while the 75 gallon is in the basement.

I know severum mama and HN1 said they had white clouds breeding in 80 degree water, so I think they will be fine at higher temps. Not saying you should crank it up, lol, but I plan on having my tank around 76-78 with golden white clouds . The mollies should be fine with them, they are both peaceful type fish. Not sure what strata the mollies stay in but I know white clouds like to be towards the top of the tank.

It also depends on their tempermants. :)

They are quite adaptable and very cool fish. With a betta? I'd probably skip it, but it could probably be done short term. We have them (LF) breeding in a 300G pond with goldies, cories, and swordtails. Mollies should be fine with them along with just about any other livebearer or schooler (save barbs, skirts, serpae, etc).

I had white clouds and a betta housed together with no problems. You have to watch the water temp a bit. I tried to keep my tank towards the low end of the betta preference and the high end of the white cloud preference since they are cold water fish.

If you live in a place where it is hard to keep your tank cool, the white clouds will survive, but not necessarily thrive. I got them when I lived in Flagstaff, AZ and I moved to Phoenix with them. They only lived for a year after my move. It was tough to keep the tank below 76 degrees there.

This is why I do not have White Clouds . My house is very old , andnot well insulated and it is hard to keep it cool . I keep it around 76-78 degrees so the A/C will not run all the time and I would want the White Clouds to thrive and show off their true beauty , but they would live up to their full potential here .

Back
Top Bottom