White fuzzy fecal matter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ababin64

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My balloon Molly is pooping out white/clear fecal matter. Any idea? Is this normal?

My balloon Molly is pooping out white/clear fecal matter. Any idea? Is this normal?

It's generally the same color as what they're eating. You could try giving her a shelled pea to sea if that clears out her system. Mollies love peas as a treat anyhow. (Still trying to figure out what veggies mollies don't love as a treat. But shelled peas are great.)

mollies are more veggie eaters as a primary diet. they are vegitarians even though they will eat any thing. my breeders are fed marine veggie diets. a little staple. Boiled greenleafy lettauce 2 whole leaves every day are hung in there tank. They destroy it. Mollies don't live long usualy with out greens. Mine love kelp. But I also breed my mollies in 75% marine salt.

Mine get dandelion greens in their tanks. I use pleco wafers mainly for their food then I add in other things. Along with zucchini or summer squash. They LOVE yellow squash. Green beans I throw in sometimes. I do clip in seaweed from time to time. Peas always go over well.

My set up is far more freshwater than yours. (I have a small amount of salt, but nothing like that.)

Back
Top Bottom