White patch on Yellow Watchman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update: The hole developed into about 5mm wide and 2mm deep. It has been that way this entire time and now looks like it is healing. Fish is eating well with normal behavior. Water quality is still normal. No other fish/coral/inverts have shown any signs of illness.

What do you think Steve....think he'll make it? It's been 2 months now and he's still kickin.....in the QT still. Think it's safe to return to the main?

Did you end up using any type of treatment?

I would wait until the area is healed before returning the goby to the main tank. It would be very easy for it to revert if still showing signs of an open sore.

Cheers
Steve

Nothing special....added garlic supplement to his food and that's it. Every other day 15% water changes. It looks like it's healing from the inside out now. It was almost deep enough to actually show his backbone. I guess I'll go ahead and wait until it is completely healed to return him to the main since I'm already used to the routine of the water changes.

Back
Top Bottom