White rocks in EcoComplete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AC-X2

Aquarium Advice Freak
I read somewhere online a buyers experience with a bag of EcoComplete that had some little white rocks and his waters PH or something went way wrong and his fish died etc. My EcoComplete I've found does have a few little white rocks. I just finished redoing my aquarium and my fish are still in buckets, I'm scared to put them back in. So what should I do? Are the rocks normal? Please help!

I read somewhere online a buyers experience with a bag of EcoComplete that had some little white rocks and his waters PH or something went way wrong and his fish died etc. My EcoComplete I've found does have a few little white rocks. I just finished redoing my aquarium and my fish are still in buckets, I'm scared to put them back in. So what should I do? Are the rocks normal? Please help!

That is absurd. Whatever the cause I can assure you it's not the Eco. I have seen the white rocks as you have mentioned as well thinking they were fertilizer beads but ended up being the substrate. I would not fret over this it's normal, whatever the issue was with that situation there had to have been other factors.

That is absurd. Whatever the cause I can assure you it's not the Eco. I have seen the white rocks as you have mentioned as well thinking they were fertilizer beads but ended up being the substrate. I would not fret over this it's normal, whatever the issue was with that situation there had to have been other factors.

Phew! I'm relieved. I think it was a review on Amazon.com and the guy said he did some research and there was a bad batch made in 2006 with the white rocks. I did some research on my own and found nothing. Thanks for your reply, I can't wait to add my fish back into their "new" home. :)

I've been using Eco for ages and it's in all my tanks. Never had any problems from using it.

Thanks everyone for your replies! I'm relieved and feel confident in putting my fish back in tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom