White spot on gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Annie4508

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi
I came across this forum thought I would join to get some advice on my freshwater aquarium.

In our tank we have
2 dwarf gourami
2 neon blue rams
2 blue rams
2 Bolivian rams
6 seprae tetra
6 rosy tetra
6 black neon, cardinal and neon tetras.

Today I have notice that one of my gouramis has a white spot on it, so I was needing some advice what I need to do.
I have attached a pic

Thanks
Annie

Attachments

• 03E83E81-6310-48D7-867D-EE43B267D94E.jpg
    03E83E81-6310-48D7-867D-EE43B267D94E.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 18
Can you give some more details on the tank and inhabitants please.

What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.

How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?

What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of*gph*if known.

When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?

How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?

Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?

What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?

Hi
The tank is 120x45x45 has been up and running about 2 months
PH 7.6
Ammonia .25
Nitrite .25
Nitrate 40

Fluval 406
Water change on the weekend probably 20% change, vacuum on weekend

The fish have been in there nearly 4 weeks

Nothing new has been added
Feeding them tropical flakes and pellets for the rams

Your tank isnt cycled. The water parameters you are seeing now are on the limit of what you want to keep them while cycling the tank, and it wouldnt surprise me if they have been more elevated than that on occasion sometime in the past couple of months with your water change schedule. You need to be doing more water changes until you are cycled to maintain clean water.

Can you quarantine the fish in question?

I would be upping the water changes to ensure pristine water and give the fish as good a chance as possible to recover.

Its possibly dwarf gourami disease, which is incurable. If possible quarantine to avoid infecting the other fish.

Back
Top Bottom