white spot or not??? need urgent help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2revup

Aquarium Advice Activist
guys i just had a bannerfish die for no apparent reason, he was quartined for 7 days and seemed fine, however he just dropped dead :(
now it seems my blue tang has white spots on him, but he dosnt show any symptons of this apart from the spots

he is not scratching
he is eating
he is active - just the way he was when i got him

does he have white spot or not???
is there something that i can use to make him better, i cant put him in qt at the moment i have a heap of LR that is curing and the ammoina will kill him right away. so i dont have any options but to fix him in the tank
there is inverts etc so copper is not going to happen!!!
what is reef safe???
please help!

he is not scratching
he is eating
he is active - just the way he was when i got him Quote

I`m sure that your fish that died was the same way but look what happened. The same thing will happen here unless we treat him preferrably in a QT. You`ll see alot of them fall off but remember that they fall to the bottom and release over 200 little ones called tomites ( I think is the proper name) and the cycle starts over with a vengence. That`s why once you have ick in the tank the tank must be fishless for 8 weeks to break the cycle. Good luck I wish you well.

I guess that would be possible but remember that the only thing you can do is hypo in your main but you would have to remove LR and inverts and it might kill the fauna in your substrate. Whatever you do dont copper your main.

see this is the problem, i have done so much reading, I think i would be at more risk with putting copper in my tank.
as i dont have enough room in mr qt tank for the LR and Inverts.
So i have gone with the garlic method for the timing being as they look to be well no scratching but just lots of white spot.
As soon as they get bad I will have to put them in QT but i dont know how they will go in such a small tank. fingers are crossed.

you can use anything that holds water for a qt. It doesn't have t be a tank. A rubbermaid container will work. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom