white spot treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ld123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had an outbreak of white spot - I used protozin to treat this, however I left the carbon in during treatment?

I use carbon filter pads as opposed to the little bead type carbon media.

the white spot has cleared up after treating on days 1,2,3 and 6, however I am unsure if it has cleared from plants, stones etc as I left carbon in.

Can anybody advise me on what to do from here? whether to take carbon out a re- treat tank, leave tank to see if it reappears on fish or any other opinions?

please help!:(:(:(

How long exactly were the carbon filters in your tank before you started treatment? How are your fish doing now?

I have two filters running. They had been in one a few months and in the other only a couple weeks.

No white spot on fish at the moment

Its likely that the carbon is beyond its effectiveness at this point. If one filter has been running for months, its long past its usefulness & its just real estate for your good bacteria. If the other has been in for a few weeks, its likely ineffective at this point as well so the meds would not have been removed. Just keep a close eye on everyone (and dont change the filters!) for now. You dont have to retreat at this point unless they start to show symptoms again. :)

Ok. Just a little worried as lost a few fish to this. Mainly rummy nose for some reason

Back
Top Bottom