White spots on fishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
Occassionally I will have this spots on my fishes and they seems to heal iteself is this normal?

Say one day I will have one white dot on my flame angel and the rest seems fine. Then the next day I can see the flame angel is alright and the bannerfish has got a dot. Again the next day I would see the bannerfish is fine then the flame angel has got another white dot at a different place from the other time. I mean is this normal? They are all eating and swimming well no problem. Water parameters seem alright to me but with nitrate at 10 and phosphate at 0.5 pH8.0, no ammonia and nitrite.

This is an on and off thing is that normal? Or is it an early sign of whitespot outbreak? Sometimes you see it on their body and sometimes not, and if it does it will appear at different area everytime. And I also can't tell if it is sand or particles or something. Sometimes I see it in the morning then it will be gone in the evening, could it be sand because they like to swim between the rocks especially the flame angel. No problem on other fish. And I thought flame angel should be pretty hardy to get whitespot?

Judging by the above post, it does sound like an early sign of Ich, but if you had a picture of the spot that would make it much easier to diagnose. I would keep an eye on the fish make sure they are feeding properly, not swimming erratically, and not breathing rapidly. I would also do something to lower the amount of Nitrates, 10ppm does sound a bit high. But there will definitely be someone else to give even more advice, thats why I love this website.

It's quite possible that its ich and it's also possible that the fish are able to fend it off themselves. Can you see any of the spots on their tale or fins? That's usually a good spot for it.

Your pH is low also. It should be 8.3.

If you can get a picture that'd help.

Yes it is the starting of ich. Each one of those spots when they fall off the fish will turn into 200 tomites that start the cycle over again. It does not sound like it`s too bad but you need to keep stress factors down by not adding any more fish and keeping water conditions at optimal conditions by doing weekly PWC`s. Maybe some garlic to boost immune system. If it gets too bad you may have to QT.

That pH is not really too low. As long as it stays stable within the range of 7.8-8.4, you should be okay. I would get some garlic extreem and soak their food in it, this can help boost their immune systems, as stated above.
Although the best treatment is QT and leaving the tank fallow for 8 weeks.....

Yeah I have been soaking their food in garlic guard EVERY day. Because I see it says it has got vitamins and heard it is good for their immune system. I feed once a day everyday with frozen food soak in garlic.

No more fish for me. All the fish on my wanted list are already in my tank. No more fish for at least 6 months now.

Thanks for the helps guys. Appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom