White spots on substrate and decor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fireman731

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I noticed these weird white dots on my rocks and driftwood . It's not anywhere else , not on the fish or the live plants or the gravel, just the rocks and the driftwood? All the fish are acting fine and the water parameters are good. I just added a 100 micron felt polishing pad and some purigen and the tank is clearer than ever, but I do think I remember seeing these before I made any changes, but they seem to be multiplying. They don't seem to move like any kind of live snail or parasite though? Help?!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409147479.256820.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409147494.406637.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409147509.504426.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do you have nerite snails??

Sent from my 801EM using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes I have 3 little nerite snails

The white dots are nerite snail eggs

Yeahhhhhh I just figured that out as soon as he asked if I had snails. So.. I'm reading they don't hatch on freshwater and you have to scrape them off? Or could I try adding small amounts of aquarium salt and trying to hatch them? The other inhabitants are Cory's and I hear Cory's don't like salt..

Idk if they will hatch if u add salt, u can scrape them but u will Get tired

Do they ever just.. Rot or go away? Or do you have to scrape them?

Back
Top Bottom