White spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex93

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have to tanks one that's being treated for white spot ( even though it's wing treated all of my fish but two have died init) my question is I need to do a water change in my other tank ( one without white stop) but I worried about using my net and gravel vacuum that's been used in the other tank while it had white spot can I pass it on to my healthy tank This way?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes you can. I don't know enough to tell you what to do, hope someone else will jump in. I do know ideally you would use different equipment, but most of us can't. Try not to use same net or rinse it out with hot water and let it dry. Sorry can't help with vacuum equipment.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Maybe scoop the water out with just a bucket and skip gravel vacuum for the time being. Rinse vacuum with very hot water all the way through? Let someone more skilled really advise you on how to clean the vac that is just a guess. But I think it is okay to do a pwc no gravel cleaning until you get better input. When in doubt, I do pwc that way until the water experts on here weigh in.

Thank you I think I'm just gunna grow all my cleaning equipment and buy to new set for each tank xx

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom