White spots?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mysticalkitten

Aquarium Advice Regular
Two of my new fish have tinine white spots on there fins I just saw. I don't want to med my whole tank because of my lobster being in there. I just read up on aquarium salt I had added it a two days ago when some one at the fish store told me too to help with stress and if the fish are getting sick it will help. Can I med the two fish in a smaller tank than put the back in there home? I'm just careful because I've had my lobster for two months in my old smaller tank and he's doing good in the lager one with his fishy friends:fish1:

Yes it was icky on the three new fish. The salt in the tank seemed to kill it. I've been checking each three up closely and no more spots on any of there fins. Tomorrow doing a water change to delete the salt in the tank

I had White spot not too long ago, and aquarium salt did the job for me.
Moved the fish while being treated to a 2.5 gallon for a few days though! They also started getting fin rot before I moved them

Lewis, sorry to here about the fin rot. I don't have a northern tank so it was treat them in the big one or move them to a big bucket. Since I only have five fish in a 55 gallon long tank and there small still two is the size of a quarter the the other are bigger I just treated them and will be doing a water change tomorrow. I got lucky I caught it early and was told about the salt.

Lewis, sorry to here about the fin rot. I don't have a northern tank so it was treat them in the big one or move them to a big bucket. Since I only have five fish in a 55 gallon long tank and there small still two is the size of a quarter the the other are bigger I just treated them and will be doing a water change tomorrow. I got lucky I caught it early and was told about the salt.

Sounds like you did a good job sorting it! I lost a couple of fish due to it as well as I though it was my shrimp attacking the fish.
A few weeks later realised it was in fact an infection.
But all seem okay now after the odd fish being treated in a separate tank and a few water changes on the main tank

My lobster/crayfish and my suckerfish got into it he was a bit clawed but the salt helped. They kinda worked it out and having more hide it goes stops helped a lot too all is peaceful in the tank now and has been for a while.

Back
Top Bottom