White spotted cichlid (Tropheus duboisi)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Machinist

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone have any experience with these fish. My local pet smart got a bunch in labeled has Acei's and there on sale for 5$ each. I've read about them online, but was just curious if anyone had any personal experience with them, or know any other info on them.

Yes when they are young. When they mature there heads turn blue and get a yellow band on there body

They'll get a white or yellow band, dependin' on the location they were collected from in the lake. They are best kept in groups, like most Tropheus species, the larger the better, but I'd suggest not less than eight. They are susceptible to bloat, though this seems to be less of an issue with duboisi than the T. moorii I've kept. I keep Metronidazole and Aquafuran on hand specifically for the treatment of bloat. IMO, ya shouldn't be without either if yer gonna keep tropheus. Ya definitely wanna make sure they're on a good spirulina or veggie-based food, as too much protein increases the chance for bloat even more than it does with mbuna.

WYite

Ok thanks for the info WYite, we got 3 of them to start out with.

Back
Top Bottom