White Stringy Stuff in Betta Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeeBoy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, I'd appreciate some help in regards to a hopefully minor problem with my tank.

I have 2 Betta Fighting Fish (Females) in seperate tanks.
I dont have a filter or heater for it. I have researched and have been doing 25% water change and only feeding 3-4 pellets a day and removing the excess.

Both of the Betta's seems fine, but in one of the tanks it had cloudy water yesterday and there seemed to be small, white stringy things which kinda look like cotton strands?

not sure if its from a towel when i wiped it down. Its just after researching it could maybe be algae or bacteria?

any help would be appreciated as theyre only new and I want to give them a good life!

Kind Regards,

Lee

It seems like the cotton like substance is all gone now, I did a water change and left it for the day and all has cleared up :) water isn't too cloudy either! I think it was just cotton strands off the towel I used to wipe the tank down! Better safe than sorry tho. Can ignore this post now :)

Yea turned out it was. Thanks anyway. Just wanted to post this up in case it wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom