White worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you talking about the worms that get in the substrate or the ones that climb on the tank walls? Mollies, guppies, and sword tails will eat the ones on the glass. I haven't found anything that will eat the detritus worms unless you stir the substrate and get the worms to free swim.

White worms( AKA Grinal worms) are very good for appropriate size fish. Live food is always best for fish. The exception is Tubifex worms. Too much bacteria:nono:

White worms are a great food for most tropical fish. As a rule, any fish will try to ingest anything moving that it can fit in it's mouth. White worms prefer a cool/cold for keeping. Grindal worms are very different. Much smaller and need warm conditions if you want to keep for fish feeding. Both are fatty so feed in moderation. More like a treat than a regular diet. If you wanted to choose between the two, I would go with grindals, espcially if your fish are small to medium size.

My mistake, Grinal are different than White worms.:oops: Don't know what in the world I was thinking. Been years since I messed with them.

Thank you Marty and foster:) I really appreciate the help. Merry Christmas

Back
Top Bottom