who am I? ID me please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcurlacher54

Aquarium Advice Freak
does anyone know what this guy is?

Attachments

• IMG_0153[2].jpg
    IMG_0153[2].jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0154[1].jpg
    IMG_0154[1].jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 151
yeah hes mostly black, most of the time. sometimes he shows a rust color underneath. i dont think hes the blue one from the pic. thanks though.

Actually I must say for certain you have one of the best collector peacock of them all. Highly sought after by collectors worldwide. I would pay between 45-75 dollars for this fish. Also adults depending on charateristic run even higher in price. I have been looking for this fish in stores near me for 6 months. Its a beautiful juvenile ruby red. if you look closely you will notice extremely light blue flecks in his fin surrounded by a rust color. the head will turn blue and the body ruby red. I am happy you found this fish. take good care of it, its not a rare fish but most collectors want them for their center peice in a malawi tank. Aulonocara rubescens

Fishkeeper88 said:
Actually I must say for certain you have one of the best collector peacock of them all. Highly sought after by collectors worldwide. I would pay between 45-75 dollars for this fish. Also adults depending on charateristic run even higher in price. I have been looking for this fish in stores near me for 6 months. Its a beautiful juvenile ruby red. if you look closely you will notice extremely light blue flecks in his fin surrounded by a rust color. the head will turn blue and the body ruby red. I am happy you found this fish. take good care of it, its not a rare fish but most collectors want them for their center peice in a malawi tank. Aulonocara rubescens

Is it really? i wouldnt wxpect them to be so dark?! My Ruby Red is vicious. For real lol.

Attachments

• image-1101007966.jpg
    image-1101007966.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 127
  • image-1218928670.jpg
    image-1218928670.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 127
juvenile ruby reds tend to be either a really light color with verticle lines or a dark color with verticle lines... either way always look at the fins and body shape. also the shape of the forhead.

Fishkeeper88 said:

Wow, that's cool. I got him for 10 bucks at a LFS here in Richmond

The first fish looks like an auloncara maylandi, the shape of the mouth is throwing me off a bit rho.

After a second look, it definitely looks like a auloncara maylandi.
They are a beautiful fish. Sadly, mine died. They have a black body, and the males have very colorful dorsal, and anal fins.

Back
Top Bottom