Who needs to go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with rivercats on his idea to figure out the culprit.

I still think it would be the tigers, if not then them the gourami and lastly the angle. If the angle were larger than perhaps I would feel he would be the main cause but by your description he's fairly small and to my knowledge their aggression will surface more as they mature then with juveniles. Though anything is possible. I have one in my tank and he's about 2 inches from head to tail and he's such a slow poke. I couldn't picture him chasing down guppies or tetras. lol. Even my sunset gourami is faster than him. Maybe he is just lazy. lol

So, one of our fish has become a mass-murderer and we think we know the culprit, but we just want to get verification on that.

Here is our current stock
1 - clown pleco
5 - tiger barbs
1 - male dwarf gourami
3 - fancy tail guppies
3 - african dwarf frogs
2 - black neon tetras
3 - neon danio glofish
1 - misc tetra (Got him from that pet place, they list it as something like h1 tetra)
1 - angel fish (approx half dollar size)

In the past week we have lost
1 - misc tetra
5 - rummy nose tetras
4 - fancy tail guppies

Water parameters are all great, and we have been finding the carcasses half eaten. 65 gallon aquarium, with fake plants, drift wood, and rock caves for hiding.
Id say its the tiger barbs as well. I had to get rid of mine because they are too aggressive and fin nippers.

KryptiCouple said:
So, one of our fish has become a mass-murderer and we think we know the culprit, but we just want to get verification on that.

Here is our current stock
1 - clown pleco
5 - tiger barbs
1 - male dwarf gourami
3 - fancy tail guppies
3 - african dwarf frogs
2 - black neon tetras
3 - neon danio glofish
1 - misc tetra (Got him from that pet place, they list it as something like h1 tetra)
1 - angel fish (approx half dollar size)

In the past week we have lost
1 - misc tetra
5 - rummy nose tetras
4 - fancy tail guppies

Water parameters are all great, and we have been finding the carcasses half eaten. 65 gallon aquarium, with fake plants, drift wood, and rock caves for hiding.

Hy511 tetra? Great fish! Also known as candycane tetra but it's an unofficial name. And are you sure the frogs arent clawed frogs? Sometimes stores will mislabel them...

Hy511 tetra? Great fish! Also known as candycane tetra but it's an unofficial name. And are you sure the frogs arent clawed frogs? Sometimes stores will mislabel them...

Yeah those things! They are cool fish. And the frogs are definitely dwarfs. They have 2 separate tanks for the frogs, and they are fully grown now, cute little guys.

I would say frogs.. I have 2 . They hace poor eyesite so a lot of the time if u fish small enough seims in front of them they will strike as if its food

I would just record them at night and see who the perpetrator is that way you take all the stress of guessing/blaming out....and then you can take proper actions to alleviate any more tragedies. I hope you get to the bottom quickly...sorry for your losses...:(

I bet it's the angel. Mine eats feeder fish on occasion its hilarious to watch him chase them around and smash into everything. Mine can only live with fish bigger than him or he attacks as soon as they enter HIS tank lol

Back
Top Bottom