Who uses Quarantine Tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah plus 1, although I'm hoping to get a marine tank before retirement (which is several decades away still lol).

Yeah plus 1, although I'm hoping to get a marine tank before retirement (which is several decades away still lol).

As you mention marine

That kicks up another ?

I wonder how many marine fish keepers have a quarantine tank as to set one up is double the costs they have to trust the store they buy from

Or is it one rule for SW and another for FW

Marine has never interested me to tell the truth but I would think they need a Q tank more than anyone

If your QT isn't great, then IMO it's not a QT. God QT is easy as long as you follow good husbandry. Fully cycled yes. Same plants, decos, etc, NO WAY !! A QT should be stripped bare of anything. That's how you can determine what may cause problems.

Example, if you have plants in a QT, and your fish gets sick or you notice something wrong, should you treat the the tank, you can only treat for specific things in order to accommodate the plants. IMO, that's a bad idea because you can't focus SOLELY on the fish. Too many parameters involved there. Focus on one thing only and simplify the process before adding a contingency plan to the mix.

Just my own personal OPINION AND ADVICE !!!!

I was referring to fake plants so they have hiding spots. Yes agreed on the real ones.

Back
Top Bottom