WHO'S EATING MY SWORDS [emoji35]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khaleesi_413

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've recently added a couple of amazon swords into my 30 gal. I also have a couple of crypts in the tank. My stock of fish includes 1 gold gourami, 3 julii corys, 2 gold barbs, and about 10 or so guppies. Every morning theres more chunks missing from the swords, though I've never seen any fish eating them. They leave the chunks floating in the water.

I have a feeling its the barbs since they destroyed my crypts in my old tank... I'm hoping its not the gourami, i added him at the same time i added the swords [emoji848]

Anyone else have experience with any of these fish devouring plants??

Well if rule out the guppies an corys. I have many of both in heavily planted tanks an no problem. So you may be right the barbs.��

I've recently added a couple of amazon swords into my 30 gal. I also have a couple of crypts in the tank. My stock of fish includes 1 gold gourami, 3 julii corys, 2 gold barbs, and about 10 or so guppies. Every morning theres more chunks missing from the swords, though I've never seen any fish eating them. They leave the chunks floating in the water.

I have a feeling its the barbs since they destroyed my crypts in my old tank... I'm hoping its not the gourami, i added him at the same time i added the swords [emoji848]

Anyone else have experience with any of these fish devouring plants??

i have had my gouramis go around and pick at plants but they dont seem to actually tear the plant up. its like they are trying to pick something off the plant. my guess would be the barbs also.

Well if rule out the guppies an corys. I have many of both in heavily planted tanks an no problem. So you may be right the barbs.��
Yeah i didnt think it was the guppies, I've never had issues with them in the past.

i have had my gouramis go around and pick at plants but they dont seem to actually tear the plant up. its like they are trying to pick something off the plant. my guess would be the barbs also.
I havent even seen my gourami try to pick at algae or anything on the leaves. I just kinda find chunks of the edges of the leaves when i look at my tanks in the morning.

Anyone have any ways to curb this behavior if its the barbs?

Back
Top Bottom