Why Am I constanly having to sign in??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alf

Aquarium Advice Regular
Every time I change pages I have to relog in, I have told it log me in by auto a 100 times. I have to log in every time I visit the site and every time I want to post. Don't say it's my system i work on way to many BB for that to be the case. It's becoming annoying! :x

Alf, has this always been going on?

Have you tried to purge your cookies on your system. I have had the same issue from time to time on some of the systems at home.

Do you run a firewall? I run zonealarm on some of my systems and it appears I have this problem most often on the systems running zone alarm. The problem does not appear to be global with all forums or even with all sites running the specific forum software that is used here.

EMS503 had a simular problem a few weeks back and I posted a bunch of questions and such for him to look at. What was strange is that he told me after he had posted about the login problems he had not had one since then.

Its strange but i think it has to do with personal firewalls and the cookie(s) the site uses to detect if your logged in or not.

I was wrong. I thought EMS503 posted it here in the site help fourm but it was a private message that i have since removed.

It happens every time I change forums. Every time I go out to the main page It tells me I need to log in again. I have logged in 6 times this morning, just to see how long I stay signed in.
No firewalls that I know of. I have never had this problem on any other BB, I am on UBB and VBB forums and this is the only place I have trouble.
It's only a real problem when I want to post. I just notice it every time I change pages it tells me I'm not logged in. I come in through the front page I see I need to log in so I do then when I click on forums it tells me I need to log in. I log in again then when I choose the forum I want again I'm not logged in. So I log in again, when I get ready to post It tells me I need to log in. I have checked log me in auto evrey time.
But like this thread when I have posted to one It say's I'm logged in so it has to know who I am for that. :?
I have my setting to accept cookies.
sorry to be a pain but any suggestion will be great.
thanks FF

well the first thing to try would be to delete your cookies on your PC. To do this go to tools then to Internet Options and you should see a button for Delete Cookies.

Like I said I have had the same problems from time to time on two of my home systems and ONLY wth this site and no other forum. Not even other forums using phpbb. But I always attributed it to the zonealarm firewall I had as the latptop I use at home does not have zone alarm and I never had the issue wih that system.

Hi. After FF advised me to dump some cookies and check my Zone Alarm, Everything started working again. It had cleared up before and came back again. I dumped the cookies and have not had a problem since. I have left the zone alarm on seeing if it made a difference. It did'nt but dumping the cookies did.Maybe we all need a Cookie Monster :lol:

EMS503

Now that you have purged yoru cookies has that helped?

Did you have to enter your password several times to reply to this post?

fishfreek said:
Now that you have purged yoru cookies has that helped?

Did you have to enter your password several times to reply to this post?

I do not have to log in when replying to a post I have already participated in. Only a new one.

As for the cookies I have not done it yet but I am today to see if it makes a diffrence. I'll let you know.

Well what ever it was seems to have stoped now. Maybe I just had to complain for it to stop! :D Thanks FF

Well no sooner than telling you it was now ok. It's doing it again today!! I have had to sign in evreytime I change forums. Just thought you should know. I won't complain any more just FYI. But with this problem It will limit my frequency though. :x

Back
Top Bottom