Why are my plants dirty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stotts

Aquarium Advice Regular
I noticed the plants are actually like dirty , any way I can fix this? Like maybe adding some fish that helps clean them or something I don't know and why are there little black spots on this plant?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387300909.793838.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387300934.408476.jpg

I noticed the plants are actually like dirty , any way I can fix this? Like maybe adding some fish that helps clean them or something I don't know and why are there little black spots on this plant?
Add a circulation pump to increase water movement

Hello Stotts...

Don't fret. It's likely a form of algae or something of this kind. Algae grows when there are more nutrients in the water than the plants use. Large weekly water changes will help and you can reduce the amount you feed. Aquarium fish can easily subsist on a couple of small feedings a week. Look for Anacharis plants the next time you're at the pet store. This plant grows floated and will use extra nutrients. It also gives off a mild chemical that will slow the growth of most kinds of algae. I float this plant in my planted tanks and have no algae problems.

B

Back
Top Bottom