Why do my snails keep dying? (while my corals/fish do fine)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enginbeering

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It's really odd. My turbo snails keep dying, but everything else in my tank is floroushing. I have a bunch of soft corals, two maroon clowns, a blue tang, watchman goby, and a couple blennys. Not to mention about 20 hermits. Tank conditions good, water temp around 80-82, salt 1.024. It's just odd that everything does great but snails, which are supposed to be the heartiest (or so i thought). Any idea guys? or Thoughts even?

high nitrates can affext most inverts while not having a huge affect on fish, what are your amonia nitrite and nitrate readings? Also turbos can fall off of thing and cannot right themselves, do you pick up after your snails ;) ?

my nitrates are fine(and i mean hey , my corals and anemoes are doing fine so it would suprise me that the snails are more sensitive), and yeah perhaps thats's what killed the last one. Those damned things. I don't get it, how have they survived evolutionary if they can't even right themselves? And i mean ****, if it can't right itself, you think it'd be more carefull ;-). So yeah, i guess i need to start righting them.

Back
Top Bottom