Why Does My Background Do This?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ianeberle

Aquarium Advice Freak
Every once in a while, my background will create little splotches on the back, but if I lift the background off of that area, it goes away. It's like water is getting under it or something.

It's a blue plastic background that I have attached with tape. Why does it do this and is there a better way to attach a background? I've heard people talking about like cooking oil, but don't want to mess anything up.

IMG_20120812_181547.jpg

You have moisture on the glass and the background is sticking to it.

Take it off, dry the tank back and dry the background, reapply the next day.

That is exactly what it is ... water! I have a fancy goldfish tank for my granddaughter and there is a huge lemon head orando who likes nothing better than to splash water out of the tank and of course down the back where it gets under the background. We have the exact same background taped on that tank. Only way to stop it is first get the back or the tank and back ground dry and then use some type of tape (we used black electrician tape) and completely seal the entire back top of the background to the aquarium. Sometimes lowering the water level (if it is a fish doing it, like ours) helps too.

Back
Top Bottom