Why I love this hobby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snotman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I took the plunge last week and added a bta to my tank. A beautiful green tipped pink based specimin (captive bred). In the hope that my young pair of Common Clowns may take an interest as I have read that both animals benifit from the relationship (but it is not required).

For the last few days I have watched avidly as my clowns just loitered away from the bta in a high current area of my tank. Taking absolutley no interest at all. I know there is no guarantee of a bond and I accept that that is totally normal but I still felt a little down.

At lunch yesterday I returned from work to feed the tank and there they were, snuggling down and wiggling away. I swear they were smiling! I couldnt beleive how elated I felt. How silly am I? Every time I look in the tank I cant help but smile and get a warm feeling when I look at how happy this has made the clowns. It all seems so natural.

I love this hobby :D

Im working on some pics right now. I have some beaut's on my phone but doubt they will do the scene justice. This way if Im pee'd off at work I can just take a look at the phone and Im smiling again!. Peeps at work must think Ive got dodgy photo's on my phone :D

Ive even seen the female Clown take back a few brine shrimp and drop them on the BTA, how cute is that!

Back
Top Bottom