why is it so hard to get help? please anybody

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ That's one of the people I would probably pm if I had a fw question ;) ^

Who me?! I'm a hack.. thanks though;) I've already found this corys thread and asked 6000 questions!! Hope op is ready for some problem solving wooohoooo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

my take on this:

point 1: about 80% of the time your question has already been answered so please use the search function

point 2: this forum relies on the people who are "veterans on the forum" to answer 85% of the questions, and there are maybe 25 of us on the forum.

point 3: AA is one of the most active forums although I admit that the activity has died down, mainly because some of the most active members are in school now.

my take on this:

point 1: about 80% of the time your question has already been answered so please use the search function

point 2: this forum relies on the people who are "veterans on the forum" to answer 85% of the questions, and there are maybe 25 of us on the forum.

point 3: AA is one of the most active forums although I admit that the activity has died down, mainly because some of the most active members are in school now.

There are much more then 25, but I don't think that being on here a year makes you a veteran. People like a lot of the mods/staff on here who have been here as long as since 2002 are veterans. That's not to say that being here 6 months or a year doesn't make you an extremely helpful or reputable user though.
I think there isn't one group of people who drive this forums. IMO the veterans on the saltwater side stick together. The up-and-coming stick together. The diversity and the willingness to help is what makes this forum so great, and I feel that putting all that on a group titled "Veterans" is a little unfair.
Just IMO though.

There are much more then 25, but I don't think that being on here a year makes you a veteran. People like a lot of the mods/staff on here who have been here as long as since 2002 are veterans. That's not to say that being here 6 months or a year doesn't make you an extremely helpful or reputable user though.
I think there isn't one group of people who drive this forums. IMO the veterans on the saltwater side stick together. The up-and-coming stick together. The diversity and the willingness to help is what makes this forum so great, and I feel that putting all that on a group titled "Veterans" is a little unfair.
Just IMO though.

Reading it again I agree. Definitely not veteran. Lol but there aren't a ton of people who are super active look at some of the mods and admins. They aren't super active people like brookster and Andy are super active. And I consider brookster a veteran the dude has like 7k posts I for care if he only a year old on the forum that deserves the title veteran.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Sorry for the double post but, the people with the high post to day ratio naturally drive the forum more then people who post once a day. You can't run a forum successfully with a bunch of people who make one or two posts a day even if try are super helpful, like i know peope that post 1 a day, and it may be the best post of the day, but thats one question answered not the hundred or so that people ask a day IMO

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Sometimes it depends what time/when you post. I stay at home with the baby so I post at weird times. Sometimes I won't get a reply then but a few hours later if I "bump" my post someone will reply

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom