Why is my male gold flake Molly trying to mate with guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevolindo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Why is my male gold flake Molly trying to mate with guppies!
He has plenty of female mollies to flirt with. Why the guppies?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401163954.816774.jpg

It's quite possible for them to cross breed but mostly they'll turn out ugly

That's not cute....;(
Should I remove them. I started singling out guppy traits I like. Now this guy is going to F it all up....

Male mollies are relentless! Lol I had a Dalmatian Mollie that would try to impregnate every fish in the tank lol. They breed like rabbits.

It's quite possible for them to cross breed but mostly they'll turn out ugly

Not all cross breeds are ugly. My friend has a cross breed and it's stunning. It's the size of a Molly with a orange, blue and white guppy tail, but the body of the fish is black, it's beautiful. But if you are trying to get good looking guppies desperate the Molly's and guppies because the male guppies will have a go with the female Molly's to

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not all cross breeds are ugly. My friend has a cross breed and it's stunning. It's the size of a Molly with a orange, blue and white guppy tail, but the body of the fish is black, it's beautiful. But if you are trying to get good looking guppies desperate the Molly's and guppies because the male guppies will have a go with the female Molly's to

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thats why I said mostly, not all...

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom