Why is my water yellow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spencer1044

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well my water is yellow cant figure out why. 29 gal planted. PH-6.6 ammonia-0 nitrite-0 nitrate-0. Any help is great thanks. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405435873.098158.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405435896.231082.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405435906.229430.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405435918.782354.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Tannins from driftwood?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Will it go away

Yes, with regular water changes it will go away.

if your in a rush chempure or purigen in your filter will remove it over night and keep it away and also help keep your nitrates low

Driftwood can leech out tannins for quite a while (a year and still going in my 20 Long). You'll have to stay on top of the Purigen recharging if you decide to go that route.
The good news is that it's not harmful to your fish.

You can try boiling the piece for a few hours, changing the water when it gets brown. This will help remove a lot of it if you're lucky.

Alright well at least its not harmful. Thanks. And does anyone know why one of my paradise gourami is jumping out of the tank. So hes done it twice hes perfectly Healthy but when i go to feed em i open the lid put the food in and he gets excited or something and jumps out I just pick him up put him in and he acts like nothing happened. But he's really happy in there hes the dominate fish out them all so I dont get it.

Driftwood can leech out tannins for quite a while (a year and still going in my 20 Long). You'll have to stay on top of the Purigen recharging if you decide to go that route.
The good news is that it's not harmful to your fish.

It also inhibits most algae and infections in general so it's not the worst thing to have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can't explain that behavior other than to say some fish are very active at feeding time. I've got 10 Colombian tetras that resemble their piranha cousins when I feed them but are quite docile otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom