Why wont my jd lay eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyg23

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently acquired a female jack Dempsey who seemed to be slightly pregnant at the time. 2 weeks later she is eating heavier and her stomach is swollen. She is in a 75 gallon tank with another female jd and a male, there are also a few other fish as well. Is there any way to entice her to lay her eggs? Is it normal for her to go this long and not even seem ready to lay them?

try doing a few cool partial water changes to imitate there natural breeding seasone

I have done 3 in the past 2 weeks, with my biweekly 40% change coming last night. Still nothing. She is swimming around as usual like she isn't full of eggs. I also added a new large pot to see if that may help.

mine used to lay eggs on a river rock that i put in grey in color not flat but not round

Luckily I live 30 minutes from the Ohio river so I will be visiting it this weekend. I'll try to get a couple rocks cleaned and in there ASAP. Thanks.

If there anything like convicts i had a pair of convicts that always had their eggs attarched to a piece of driftwood

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom