Whys my catfish at top of water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shouldn't have any nitrite in a cycled tank, maybe a mini cycle occurred when you added the fish? Only way to knock down nitrates is through wc. You'll want to ease the fish into the cleaner water so start off with smaller ones every few days and move up to a weekly 40-50%

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It was 100% cycled before i put the fish in so i dont know where iv gone wrong? So slowly work my way up to 50% water changes yeah?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wait that doesn't look like a pleco to me? What is it do you know? Catfish pelets and algae wafers for a pleco are really different. And yes I know a pleco is a catfish..

Wait that doesn't look like a pleco to me? What is it do you know? Catfish pelets and algae wafers for a pleco are really different. And yes I know a pleco is a catfish..

Hi? Its not a pleco , i could be wrong but its a corydora catfish? .. Its still doing it but i noticed it was upside down while at the top today, thought it was dead!

Maybe it's an upside-down cat, can you get a better picture? ?

Maybe it's an upside-down cat, can you get a better picture? ?

Didnt know you could get them haha! I can , when im home ill get a better picture and attach it , thanks

Yep, they literally chill upside down. Pretty cool

Yep, they literally chill upside down. Pretty cool

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409005265.566017.jpg

Hey man sorry about the late reply! This is the best pic i could get

I know I'm jumping in late in this thread, but if you have a clown loach in your 135 litre tank it will get wayy too big. They need at least 100 gallons. That could be contributing to your high nitrites as the bioload could be too much for the tank.

That's not a pleco haha, i have no clue what that is. I think I caught one in Maine when I was a kid though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom