Wich beginner fish can I breed In 2 ten gallons?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheSmallFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone just a quick question (title) sorry to lazy to wright title lol. I have never purposely breed fish long story. Just maybe want some suggestions and advice as I would like to start breeding fish.[emoji225]

Probably the easiest fish to breed would be guppies, you could add a male and some females and then just be absolutely amazed at the amount of fry. They are livebearers so they don't lay eggs, the fry just pop right out, make sure you have a plan for all of the fry though. They are super easy to keep/breed, just make sure your tank is fully cycled, keep them fed and keep the temperature around 24 degrees Celsius. They are little rabbits :brows:

Wow that would be cool! before I would do that I would ask my pet store if they would take free guppies if that would be a good idea

If it is a chain petstore like Petsmart, Petco, etc they most likely won't take any fish. And you could ask your LFS (Local Fish Store) but because guppies are so common I don't think they would take any off your hands or if they do then most likely not the entire batch of fry. You could try Craiglist too but that wouldn't be consistent, I'm sure there are some guppy breeders on here who could better tell you what they do with their fry, sorry I can't help much in that department

That's totally fine would there be any hard breeding pairs maybe for later on to have a challenge

For a challenge you could do a breeding pair of German Blue rams in a 10 gallon, only them though and they are pretty sensitive to water quality. Or oyu could do their hardier "cousins" Boliviam rams. Or apistos, although I've had no experience with apistos so I can't help you there. IME GBRs are beautiful fish and I've bred them once on accident in a community tank and it was definitely very exciting. Or if you're thinking of breeding but want something that isn't a fish, breeding shrimp like Cherry shrimp is very fun and their colors are amazing although they are pretty easy to breed.

What about bettas I have cept bettas alot! Would I be able to breed bettas

Breeding bettas, from what I've heard, can be very difficult. I wouldn't recommend it with your setup. You can likely breed guppies, small killifish, endlers, snails, or neocaridina shrimp.

Breeding Betts's is definitely very challenging and expensive, I wouldn't recommend it either

I breed guppies now. I currently have 114 I believe. I lose count. It so fun and exciting. I have a lfs that will take my guppies and exchange for equipment or other fish. We use 8 tanks to pair specific guppies. I love sitting with the mom through birth and putting the fry in the nursery. The best is watching the color and pattern development. I hope you have a blast like I do.

I do like the fancy and cobra guppies alot. I will probably do that.

Back
Top Bottom