Wierd food to feed the fish!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cinciboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was thinking about weird food people feed the fish apart from normal food stuff you get it in stores.. I have tried some garden bugs with my puffer some time ago... apart from that I have not tried much (to kill the fish).... :lol:

I have seen some people feeding their aquarium with potato fries... LOL. poor fishes.
:oops:

Any wierd experiences welcome.

i give my fish veggies from time to time, but giving fish foods that are unhealthy to humans? i can't imagine how bad it must be for a fish that weighs an ounce.

Of course veggies, fruits, and I like to throw tiny crickets in my tanks as well as earthworms during the rainy season.

My bettas get to eat the mosquito larvae from our pond in the spring, before we turn the filter on and add the goldfish

I have seen plans for suspending a wooden box with raw meat in it over a pond. Supposedly flies lay eggs, maggots hatch. When they crawl out the holes in the box they drop right in the pond and are a treat for your goldfish. I wonder about the smell though.

mvigor said:
I have seen plans for suspending a wooden box with raw meat in it over a pond. Supposedly flies lay eggs, maggots hatch. When they crawl out the holes in the box they drop right in the pond and are a treat for your goldfish. I wonder about the smell though.

Wow.. thats WEIRD :D

I have read in most of the fish food ingredients list that they are made from seafood. Do these tropical fishes eat fish when they are in the wild. How are they getting adjusted to the 'fish eat fish' concept. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom