Wierd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hyetexa2001

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is wierd my mollies had babies yesterday night. well thats when i saw about 7, and now i dont see anymore even though she is still fat. I mean im sure shes done haveing her babies because i saw the babies yesterday night around 1:00 am so she must be done by now. But why is her stomache still fat?

Well Mollies can have way more than 7 babies, they can have 50 or so easy. She may still be holding. If that is the case she might be fine but then she might end up dying. When livebeaers feel stress they can hold their babies for quite awhile. If they hold them too long then they tend to die. I don't know what you can do to help except reduce stress, possibly keeping the tank lights off can help.

I have a pregnant balloon molly a male silver lyre tail molly a male dalmation molly and a black neon tetra.

Oh but after trying to catch thte female for almost an hour i managed to get it and i put it in a little aquarium. its 1.8 gallons and but it has no cover in there. I think im gonna put something for the fry to hide in if there are anymore to be layed or birthed or whatever u wanna call it.

hyetexa2001 said:
I think im gonna put something for the fry to hide in if there are anymore to be layed or birthed or whatever u wanna call it.

That's a good idea, the fry will also go into the gravel and dig themselves in there. Your molly might just not feel secure enough to let the other ones drop yet, if she still doesn't give birth within a few days you may have complications but I'm not sure. I just had a molly that was pregnant for 3 months and she just gave birth yesterday, I was dying to wait for her to give birth, especially since their gestation's a month, I was getting worried.

Are you sure it's the dalmatian molly that dropped the babies and not the balloon one?

Yes i know its the dalmation female because her belly has gone smaller. Ans the fry are not gold like the baloon molly. So how long do you think she is gonna keep the babies in her. I mean i put her in an another small aquarium about 1.8 gallons. and she has enough hiding place. she has a little ship in there too so she is gonna feel secure. And i was wondering how could she deliver fry a couple weeks later wont the fry be too big inside her or would they stay small because of the limited space in her stomache.: )

I put her in yesterday but just now i decided to put her back the water is the same as the aquarium so i dont think she will mind.

Back
Top Bottom