Wigglers At Last!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally added a "fair amount" of plants to the 55. Nothing really designed just something to lower stress. Fish seem MUCH happier.

They are also growing like weeds. The 5 that arrived around pre dime size are approaching quarter! I'm not even kidding. DAC 3 times a day with a snack of my fry food has em getting big quick.

Tomorrow is my third day of exclusively feeding medicated food. They all re eating it well so hopefully I'll soon be past my fish sickness.

Finally added a "fair amount" of plants to the 55. Nothing really designed just something to lower stress. Fish seem MUCH happier.

They are also growing like weeds. The 5 that arrived around pre dime size are approaching quarter! I'm not even kidding. DAC 3 times a day with a snack of my fry food has em getting big quick.

Tomorrow is my third day of exclusively feeding medicated food. They all re eating it well so hopefully I'll soon be past my fish sickness.

(y)(y) all around. Maybe we got this licked :D

(y)(y) all around. Maybe we got this licked :D

The diagnosis sure helped (y) Tomorrow will be day 4 on food. I lost a day there somehow.

I let the LFS guy know about my delays as he's chomping at the bit for angels and he was real nice and concerned. He also put in an order for Tiger Endlers! Hooray for making some $ on my investments.

At the buck a gollon sale I'm picking up another 10 and possibly two 20H tanks and will orde another rack. Even got the wife's blesings to do so :dance:

The diagnosis sure helped (y) Tomorrow will be day 4 on food. I lost a day there somehow.

I let the LFS guy know about my delays as he's chomping at the bit for angels and he was real nice and concerned. He also put in an order for Tiger Endlers! Hooray for making some $ on my investments.

At the buck a gollon sale I'm picking up another 10 and possibly two 20H tanks and will orde another rack. Even got the wife's blesings to do so :dance:

Glad to help (y) Good going on the "more tanks". I'm also taking advantage and getting as many 10 gals that I can fit in my car (eventually I'll have 60 of them) for now and get bigger tanks when the building is done. I'll rent a van for that trip. :D My biggest problem now is where to put these new tanks. My porches are kinda full at the moment. :facepalm: Nice dilemma, eh? :blink:

I guess when the fish want to breed, they are going to breed wherever they can breed. LOL I will be away for an extended period of time in about 4 weeks so I have decided to not take in any more spawns until I return. I have removed the slates from the tanks to not encourage them to spawn. Yesterday, I noticed the tube on my female from pair #1 was down so I just assumed they would spawn on the filter tube but today, I found that they went to the usual spot where the slate usually is and spawned on the glass instead. In another tank, I caught the fish spawning on the wire from the submersible heater. ( Talk about a thin line. LOL) Tomorrow or the next day, I am expecting the 3rd pair to spawn too but Oh Well. Thankfully, the marble pair is still with their spawn and not looking to be ready to spawn again but I know I need to get them out from there soon if I want to protect all those babies ( the ones from my last video.) And the train keeps rolling along ;)

Picked up a new one close to Andy/Andreas size today. Couldn't pass it up, LFS sent me a coupon for half of medium silvers and buy one get one free on quarter size marbles.

If I ever needed proof that higher temps are not good for Angelfish eggs, I got it again today. No doubt now that the summertime temps were too hot for the Angelfish eggs to hatch. Development at higher temps is too rapid and the embryos just die off. In the past few days, we've had a bit of a cool snap happening with the daytime temps barely reaching 80 degrees. During that time, 2 pairs spawned. 1 pair's spawn hatched today after being left in the outside tank due to a lack of space inside and with my leaving for 2 weeks just about when they are going to be needing daily feeding of food, I just couldn't see saving them. So now I have the unbearable task of watching them while I am still here and hoping I can figure out a way to save them while I'm gone.
So for anyone who thinks that higher temps will bring higher results, think again ;)

Sorry to hear about the heater and your fish loss Fisher.

Well Oscar, I just checked the rock, it is the same kind as we usually have around here but on your comment, I did just check the stone and no fizzing, it just soaked in so I rinsed it off and set it aside.

Here are some pics of the fish pair and I was thinking it was the large one female and the smaller one male. The smaller one of the pair is the sick one. Can anyone tell me if they think male and female wise?

This is the sick one
60074-albums13647-picture65416.jpg

Here they are as a pair
60074-albums13647-picture65412.jpg

60074-albums13647-picture65420.jpg

Older pic when they were in the community 72G
60074-albums13647-picture59650.jpg

So my aqueon 300 watt heater stuck wide open during the night. Woke up to 93 degree water and one dead fish.

Sorry to hear this :(
Just remember to slowly reduce the temp and increase the aeration to better oxygenate the water while it's hot.

For what it's worth, I've read ( on this site) more bad things about Aqueon products in general than good. (I have no first hand experience with the brand however.) I tend to stick with the older standbys ( Penn Plax, Marineland, Eugene Danner/Supreme, Hagen/ Fluval, etc. as I've had multiple successes with them. I'm currently running 7 Supreme HOBs ( from my last hatchery), 6 Penn Plax submersibles ( 100 watt to 300 watt) and 5 tetra submersibles (50 watts in the hatching jars) if that helps.

Keep your chin up. Things will get better (y)

This was the 3rd fish from the group of Koi Angels and it is in a different tank.

Can anyone guess if it is male or female? I had thought male by the way they behaved with each other.
60074-albums9763-picture66145.jpg

This is the Blush looking youngster one, can anyone tell me if it can be possibly identified as male or female. Also whether it might be a good match for one of the above/previous post fish?

60074-albums11380-picture65580.jpg

Here is the orange Marble looking one any insights for this possibility, male or female and then as a match up for one of the previous post fish?
60074-albums11380-picture65581.jpg

Sorry to hear about the heater and your fish loss Fisher.

Well Oscar, I just checked the rock, it is the same kind as we usually have around here but on your comment, I did just check the stone and no fizzing, it just soaked in so I rinsed it off and set it aside.

Here are some pics of the fish pair and I was thinking it was the large one female and the smaller one male. The smaller one of the pair is the sick one. Can anyone tell me if they think male and female wise?

This is the sick one
60074-albums13647-picture65416.jpg

Here they are as a pair

60074-albums13647-picture65420.jpg
From where I sit, the fish on the right, ( the one with the black blotch on the head by the eye) looks to be the female. Again, the best way to know for sure (sans watching them spawn) is the pre feeding look down test. Looking from above, if that belly is round in the morning before first feeding, it's the female. The male should have a flat appearance in the belly area.
They are both nice looking fish, I hope you can save that one. (y)

This was the 3rd fish from the group of Koi Angels and it is in a different tank.

Can anyone guess if it is male or female? I had thought male by the way they behaved with each other.
60074-albums9763-picture66145.jpg

This is the Blush looking youngster one, can anyone tell me if it can be possibly identified as male or female. Also whether it might be a good match for one of the above/previous post fish?

60074-albums11380-picture65580.jpg

Here is the orange Marble looking one any insights for this possibility, male or female and then as a match up for one of the previous post fish?
60074-albums11380-picture65581.jpg

Of course in the first picture, there is some plant leaf covering the parts I use for sexing so if you can get a clearer shot without the plant, I can hopefully help better.
As for the 2 other fish, they are way too small to even get a 50/50 guess right. So I'll just say they definitely are either male or female. :brows:
(y)

Well , well , well, It seems I'm back to where I started two months ago. I once again have 6 healthy SSB angels. Thanks everyone for the kind words, inspiration and help during all this.

My friend at petco held one for me! almost 50 cent size and looks good. I've got it in quarantine and am doing a deworming treatment.

Broke down and redid that one 29 and have my two silvers in there now. Used seeded media from another tank and all is good!

So now I just sit back a few months and wait. I feel much more confident in everything now.

I also called aqueon and told them about the heater incident. They overnighted me an Aqueon titanium heater and digital controller on the house.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom