Wigglers At Last!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the world of parent raising Angelfish :D :blink: :facepalm: ( These emoticons are also the typical reactions of people ( in that order) as their fish raise their fry. ) :fish2:

If you are having probs hatching brine shrimp, you may need to use a light ( I use a fluorescent one so it's on 24 hrs per day) or adjust the salt level. Also make sure the eggs are in constant motion. If these don't work, PM me for my specifics for hatching BBS in 24 hours.(y)

Cheers any but iv finally cracked it lol big yay lol got fry with big fat orange bellys :)

Brought 2 angels today from a guy on gumtree for £10, put them in a 20G tank and went about my routine of an evening, came back and I'm greeted with this lol

The guy I got them off kept them in a 80lt tank with all kinds of fish so when they spawned the eggs prob didn't last a few hours!

So 2 breeding pairs that I wasn't planning on having lol which means my favourite sport this weekend........ FISH TANK SHOPPING :) lol

Attachments

• image-3407166253.jpg
    image-3407166253.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 61
Brought 2 angels today from a guy on gumtree for £10, put them in a 20G tank and went about my routine of an evening, came back and I'm greeted with this lol

The guy I got them off kept them in a 80lt tank with all kinds of fish so when they spawned the eggs prob didn't last a few hours!

So 2 breeding pairs that I wasn't planning on having lol which means my favourite sport this weekend........ FISH TANK SHOPPING :) lol

Don't you just love it when the fish CAN'T WAIT to please :D

Don't you just love it when the fish CAN'T WAIT to please :D

Lol defiantly lol
And the best think to come out of all this is now my wife is really pissed off at all the tanks I have got that she says I can build my extension on the side of the house and make a fish room lol woop woop

Hi everyone I don't wanna hijack your thread but I got a couple questions. I want to breed angels I have two angels right now but know if they will pair as one is still pretty young. I'm setting up a 36 community tank to upgrade my 26 is the 36 big enough to let them breed in? Other inhibitors will be a small school females rams a couple guppies and a mustard spot pleco I've attached pics of my babies

image-104765545.jpg

image-2556906647.jpg

I'm not looking to become a breeder just wanna have the experience of baby angels and a couple of my friends already said they'd take one or to for their tanks

Lol defiantly lol
And the best think to come out of all this is now my wife is really pissed off at all the tanks I have got that she says I can build my extension on the side of the house and make a fish room lol woop woop

And when you are finished building your room, come to FL and help me build mine :whistle: :D

Hi everyone I don't wanna hijack your thread but I got a couple questions. I want to breed angels I have two angels right now but know if they will pair as one is still pretty young. I'm setting up a 36 community tank to upgrade my 26 is the 36 big enough to let them breed in? Other inhibitors will be a small school females rams a couple guppies and a mustard spot pleco I've attached pics of my babies

View attachment 184123

View attachment 184124

I'm not looking to become a breeder just wanna have the experience of baby angels and a couple of my friends already said they'd take one or to for their tanks

If you are not looking to seriously breed them, I'd just let them grow and see if they even are a male and female. The discussion doesn't really start until you have fish old enough to breed. When Angels are that small, there is no real way to tell their gender. If you have 2 males, they should get along just fine with your other fish. If you have 2 females, they should get along just fine with your other fish. If you have a pair, they will claim a part of the tank to breed in and terrorize the rest of the fish in the tank if they get too close. That's the nature of breeding Angelfish. :(
There is no law that says just because you have Angels that you have to breed them. There is a bit of work involved if they spawn in a community tank ( if the eggs even survive. There's a lot of downside to breeding in a community tank.)

Feel free to read through this thread and you can see what other people faced with their Angels in community tanks and what is involved in raising the fry and see if this is something you even want to get in to. (y) It can be alot of work :facepalm:

Hope this helps (y)

Ok I started reading it I will more. I do know the bigger one is a female from what a local ifs could tell thank you. And sorry to interrupt :)

no your not interrupting. we love it. that's why we do what we do is to help other new breeders to get healthy good fish. we are all so tired of the small unhealthy fish that they sell at lfs and big chain stores. hopefully we can all make a big difference in the angel community. please feel free to ask any questions any time .

ok i got the 75 cleaned and bleached . now time to fill it up and start over. lol my modo is never give up. i have about 100 dime size that need a bigger tank. so they will be split between the empty 55 and the 75

no your not interrupting. we love it. that's why we do what we do is to help other new breeders to get healthy good fish. we are all so tired of the small unhealthy fish that they sell at lfs and big chain stores. hopefully we can all make a big difference in the angel community. please feel free to ask any questions any time .

That's why all my friends that have tanks want me to bread my angels because there very few good places to get them. And when they do find them their fins are frayed they have red gill plates . Just can't find good one easy these days I'm going to read this whole thing over next few day and take some notes and see if I can do it Comfortably.

That's awesome about all your little guys!!!! Good luck with them. I love angels.

That's why all my friends that have tanks want me to bread my angels because there very few good places to get them. And when they do find them their fins are frayed they have red gill plates.

I haven't seen ones with red gill plates. I know my koi juvies have red in the gill area but that's called blushing where gill plates are actually transparent. They colour up as they mature.

So... spawn number 2 from Mercury and Leo is a LOT bigger!!! Way less loss after then being fully paired!!! And they are taking great care of them. Should be wigglers 2morrow ish... gonna try and let them raise these ones a bit longer... the issue i saw last time being getting food to the fry while parent raising... any suggestions guys and gals?? Here is a pic of the clutch... a ton more than the few i started with before... the babies are doing great 2!!!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130704_143853.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130704_143853.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 62
You pay for my flight and its a deal lol ill have my room done in a few weeks lol perks of being a builder ;-)

Okay,. where ya coming from ? lol The flight must go into Orlando, FL (y)

( PS: I've built a few buildings myself, just getting too old to do it myself :brows::D )

That's why all my friends that have tanks want me to bread my angels because there very few good places to get them. And when they do find them their fins are frayed they have red gill plates.

I haven't seen ones with red gill plates. I know my koi juvies have red in the gill area but that's called blushing where gill plates are actually transparent. They colour up as they mature.

And full blushing Angels keep their transparent Gill plates even in adulthood. I haven't seen any large blushings in a while tho. Maybe they scared off too many people. :eek:

So... spawn number 2 from Mercury and Leo is a LOT bigger!!! Way less loss after then being fully paired!!! And they are taking great care of them. Should be wigglers 2morrow ish... gonna try and let them raise these ones a bit longer... the issue i saw last time being getting food to the fry while parent raising... any suggestions guys and gals?? Here is a pic of the clutch... a ton more than the few i started with before... the babies are doing great 2!!!

The best way I know is to use a turkey baster and blow the BBS towards the fry. The downside to doing this in a tank with decorations is that the food sometimes outsmarts the fry and gets hidden and eventually dies polluting the water. Parent raising or hand raising is always suggested being done in a bare tank. This way the food can't hide, the water stays cleaner, the water quality stays higher, you can siphon uneaten food easier and the fish are easier to see. Most people raising fish in a decorated aquarium see higher post yolk stage deaths due to these situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom