Wigglers At Last!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not gonna do the rain water thing, it was just a thought as i looked out the window and saw 8 tanks partly full of rain water... but ill keep it in mind for later!!!

Then even tho you have the one male, you need to put them together in a neutral setting. Right now, you are putting him in her tank (if i understand correctly. What you need to do is put them together in no one's tank.

My silvers spawned yesterday. Before I left for work I noted they were cleaning the slate and their bits were out. Came home to eggs and on guard parents. Now I had heard that taking some water from the breeding pair and pouring into another breeding pairs tank would cause them to start spawning. I don't know if there's truth to this but I tried last night and before heading to work this morning noticed their bits are out and they're hanging around the slate. That would be cool if they do today

My silvers spawned yesterday. Before I left for work I noted they were cleaning the slate and their bits were out. Came home to eggs and on guard parents. Now I had heard that taking some water from the breeding pair and pouring into another breeding pairs tank would cause them to start spawning. I don't know if there's truth to this but I tried last night and before heading to work this morning noticed their bits are out and they're hanging around the slate. That would be cool if they do today

Congrats! And i have read in several places about the hormones in the water, so i am interested for the results!!!

Came home from work and no eggs. They are staring intently at the slate though as the eggs are going to magically appear.

Went to the aquarium society meeting tonight. Came home to find my black angels spawned while I was out. Not a large spawn but I remember my koi angels first spawn being small.

Now they are standing guard and fanning the eggs. Next is to see if they won't eat the eggs and lets hope we will get wigglers.

So far tgey have eaten the eggs. Most of the eggs have turned white but there's still a few that haven't changed. As Andy says even to get one wiggler would be a good sign.

The Angelfish Society Newsletter

The fall issue of FinTAStic is ready and I hope you enjoy reading it. For all the breeding talk here, you might find the albino article interesting.

High resolution version (2.8MB): http://www.theangelfishsociety.org/newsletters/2013_Sept_HighRes_v30.pdf

Low resolution version (1.6MB):
http://www.theangelfishsociety.org/newsletters/2013_Sept_LowRes_v30.pdf

Next issue will focus on breeding: How-to's, tips & tricks, lessons learned, and genetics. I would love for you guys to share and represent aquarium advice! Drop me a private message if you'd like to learn more.

Shawn
The Angelfish Society
Newsletter Committee Chair

Today's chores: Making pairs. I decided that my outside 30s were too much of a pain to keep algae free so I took the fish and paired up the ones that I wanted to pair and put others together in hopes that they grow a bit more then pair off naturally. With my male Silver now gone, I decided to try my Silver female with my 2 Black Angels. Hopefully I will get some 1/2 blacks out of the deal if they spawn. :D So I now have a definite pair of marbles, a potential pair of Koi Veils and a potential pair of Gold Marbles. Someone has to have a good egg somewhere in that mix. lol Pics to follow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom