Wigglers At Last!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got more angels!!! Just picked up 3 from the woman i got the 3 sisters from. I got a known gold male, and 2 more marbles, both believed to be female, but not known yet. They all went in with the 3 girls so the male can pick who he wants. Sooo excited!! He is also a veil, but like my other male was with tetras that ate his fins off him. :( my clean water will help tho!!

The ride home...
img_2726333_0_4f4b88748dc0ebe362ff6da568e5e2c4.jpg

img_2726333_1_43c16518976495a1cf7855b778f7ce9f.jpg

In their new home. Cass, my violent marble, has already showed interest in him, and vice versa. Thats who is in the pic with him...
img_2726333_2_afa135e6cdfe14c3a4c40da7f8d100e5.jpg

Thanks Andy, I am guessing that they might have moved them because of my tiny toy poodle. The tank sits right behind a chair and she gets up on the back of the chair sometimes and she will scratch at the tank because she sees the fish in there. The pearls will come right up to the glass and look at her like she has lost her mind. Lol. It's funny to watch but I am thinking that I need to move the chair so she can't scratch on the tank. She might be stressing them out. And they may be thinking that she's going to get the eggs.
Could be from the dog but Angels always move their young around even without dogs being present. It's called " Where's the babies? " and it drove me crazy!!!!! That's when I started my version of their game " Where's the eggs?" :ROFLMAO: :D

Lol he is mine andy!! Ive wanted him for months. I think one of the marbles may be either deformed, or severely stunted... i thought she was just smaller, but upon a closer look her body/lower fin are formed funny. Ill catch her later and get a pic.

img_2726508_0_88f47b51b16222cf2e63feb52ddce1b7.jpg

See the fleshy part of her bottom fin?? Where it meets the body isnt right...:( but i already have 2 marbles for breeding, so she will just be for show!!

Lol i figured as much... but ive always had a soft spot for the "imperfect" ones. Because nothing in nature is truly perfect so i find beauty in imperfection. She was also one of the smaller in the tank and being picked on.

Lol i figured as much... but ive always had a soft spot for the "imperfect" ones. Because nothing in nature is truly perfect so i find beauty in imperfection. She was also one of the smaller in the tank and being picked on.

" Because nothing in nature is truly perfect ....." BUT that's not true......... in nature, it's survival of the fittest. Ever wonder why you don;t see too many imperfect fish that are wild caught? There's a reason ;)........C'mon You know it :brows:............ OKAY, here's why: because the ones that don't have imperfections are properly adapted to surviving out in the wild. They don't get picked on, or have good breeding chances, or can out swim the thing that is trying to eat them ;) They ARE perfect :D Only beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Nature takes care of it herself :whistle: (and to be politically correct: IMO ) :)

Well i like her. :p lol anyways!!! Took pics of some of the oddball angels. First off everyones fav!!!
img_2727861_0_1015a0312ce2cc1676459721eff65763.jpg

And some of the nicer others.
img_2727861_1_ebbf9cb0772baae39c9e1fcdb2f1a62f.jpg

img_2727861_2_869d36e4986d201b20135a69bd77033c.jpg

img_2727861_3_01c98ff4d0ff0e38f226484c915cf547.jpg

"Well i like her. :p lol anyways!!! " and that's all that matters. :) Enjoy

Can't wait to see what these other fish look like when they are older and their pattern is set (y)

Well I broke up the trio for good this time and now the pair has spawned for the first time in a month. I saw him doing his part so I am excited to see the results. There were A LOTTTTTTT of eggs on that slate. I'm hoping for a massive hatching now that I have the system down. If I get that, these fry will have to go into a tank as soon as they become free swimming because a 1 gallon jar just won't be large enough. I did the fry moving thing today. The fry in the 2 1/2 went into a 10. The fry from the 1 gal bottle went into the 2 1/2, ( The fry in the 1/2 gal bottle started free swimming tonight.) the eggs went into the 1 gal jar. So the round robin continues ;) ( BOY am I glad I did a water change on the tanks this morning. :D )

Will keep y'all posted

It looks like everyone is having a lot of success with their breeders. Congrats to everyone.

Update on the pearls:
When I arrived home yesterday the pearls had moved the eggs again and back onto the slate they go. Maybe I should put another type of surface in there to give them more options. There are some eggs starting to wiggle and I am excited to see if the parents are going to ride it out this time and raise those babies. I am praying that they will.

And this is what happens when you use the tanks for the wrong things. I am using 3 of my 10 gals that were supposed to be for fry for either medicating a sick fish, holding fish that should be in another tank that is not set up yet and 1 has test fish to make sure tanks are safe after bleaching. Then today, just like clockwork, my Marbles spawned again and I'm out of jars in the house and tanks outside. ARGHHH!!!!!! Going to the flea market tomorrow to get some more big jars for the house. For now, the Marbles are just going to have to take care of their spawn themselves. ( I have 3 spawns in the house ATM and 2 of them are from the Marbles. I misread the spawn date on the last jar so I thought I had a couple more days. NOPE!!!! As regular as they can be.....every 10 days!!! )
Sing it with me RAY, " More tanks, More tanks, I need more tanks!!!!!!!!" ROFL

Thats why i let my pair care for their eggs and wigglers. More time between spawns.

That's why I need to get this building built cause I don't want more time in between spawns. You can't make more fish if you don't have eggs ;) I'm not in this for the hobby. These fish need to pay for themselves... and that's not cheap :brows: :D

BTW: I'm not forcing the fish to breed faster. If they didn't want to, they wouldn't. (y)

Lol i know. Ive been struggling with keeping fry alive, but the bbs issue has been resolved.

Lol i know. Ive been struggling with keeping fry alive, but the bbs issue has been resolved.

I used to chuckle when I saw one of the members use " I HAVE MTS" in her signature. I think I invented that condition. LOL I learned very early that if you can't raise enough fish to pay for themselves, they can really add up on expenses. Just think, at the age of 9, I had 20 tanks going in my bedroom. When I was 18, I had close to 30 tanks also in my bedroom. ( I had moved into a bigger room by then. More room = more tanks!! LOL ) There would have been NO WAY for me to pay for all this if I hadn't been breeding the fish and selling the babies. ( I have expensive taste in fish :D ) But talk about expenses, the cans of Shrimp eggs I used, when I closed my last hatchery, cost me $16.00 ( I still have the O.S.I catalog from then) but now cost $50.00. That's a lot of babies I need to make to pay for just them. :brows:
That's why I visit thrift stores and flea markets for tanks and bottles whenever possible. I scored today!!! 3 bottles, good for hatching Brine shrimp, for just $2.00. I'll take that!!!! :D Tanks: I won't pay more that $.50 / gal if used. If I want to pay more, I'll buy the $1.00/ gal tanks from petco when they are on sale. I just need to rent a van to bring them home :lol: ( I also make my own with plexiglass. ) Realistically, you have to economize whenever possible when breeding fish. I still prefer my Mom & Pop shops and many times I get my used tanks from them as they either increase their display tank sizes or redo fish sections. Online is rarely my first, second or even third choice. It's my last choice. ( I support those who support me (y) )

Gotta go! Time to siphon some fish water :ROFLMAO:

Ya!! I went from owning 8 tanks, to 16 in 3 days when i was given tanks a little while ago (3 from an ex breeder, 5 a friend found on the side of the road) and was given 3 more fish the other day in exchange for cleaning and redoing a friends tank. Im getting 1.25 per quarter sized fish in store credit from my lfs, and i may start selling to another store, also locally owned once my second pair gets in the groove. Im trying to get my breeders moved to the basement so i can give them more space, but i need powercords first... and ive started making sponge filters for the breeding tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom