Wild discus biotope with terrestrial setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattjm1121

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all,

Just thought I'd show my reaquascaped discus biotope.

Not a strict biotope, but here I've tried to emulate the blackwater environment.
Discus are from John Kreatsoulas (snookn21). It's a drilled 54 gallon with about a 15 gallon wet/dry sump. Not much room to work with but I tried to maximize the space. Thanks for checking in! Enjoy and I'd appreciate any feedback.

Stocklist:
4 Cameta Yellow Brown
2 Blue Acara (pair)
7 Bleeding Heart Tetra
4 Skunk Cory
1 Gold Nugget Pleco

http://youtu.be/eX5ycx_Dhq4

I have a small planted terrestrial setup above the waterline to serve as an implied shoreline which darkens the backside of the tank adding a bit of visual depth. I'll post a video soon detailing the planted setup. Thanks!

I'd worry a bit with the acara pair, they my be on the docile side, but I'm sure they'd definitely stress the discus in a tank that small if they happened to spawn.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

I'd worry a bit with the acara pair, they my be on the docile side, but I'm sure they'd definitely stress the discus in a tank that small if they happened to spawn.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input and they actually spawn almost weekly. They do get a bit nippy but not too crazy. The discus do enjoy picking off the their fry once they're free swimming. Kinda sad but I don't really have the time or space to set up a grow out tank.

Back
Top Bottom