Wild life photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol yeah - trying to find the cute animals. Aunty sent a nice photo of a tropical rainforest frog some time again - turns out the back of it is loaded with toxins ...

The headline was "record size rat found in Chicago." lol
I was born in Northern Colorado and lived in central. I don't remember it I was little but my mother told me about black widow spiders around the house and mountain lions grabbing children?

The headline was "record size rat found in Chicago." lol
I was born in Northern Colorado and lived in central. I don't remember it I was little but my mother told me about black widow spiders around the house and mountain lions grabbing children?

I could find a Black Widow in 5-10 minutes, probably under 5!

As for Mountain Lions a cat or a smaller dog, heck the hawks and Eagles can get those! It is smart to beware. But not heard of any getting a kid around here, but a kid under 2 or very small wandering off by themselves might be in danger. Rattle snake hear of sometimes.

We see fox about once a week and hear coyotes almost every night. Pelicans, and seagull maybe lake gulls ;) or they are really off course and Herons, and Egrets maybe near the pond and lakes and river.

IMG_20180411_162009301_HDR.jpg
I cover the birdseed with a cayenne infused oil, which keeps the grey squirrels away. Not this guy, though!

Edited to question why the photo is sideways and also express embarrassment at my thawing leaf buckets that are actually little gardens.

That is so cool. No kangaroos around here. Your neighborhood looks a lot like mine. The only difference is that I run into deer, bulls and an occasional bison.
Pic of a little White Tail in my front yard.

Attachments

• 20170929_112934.jpg
    20170929_112934.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 29
That is so cool. No kangaroos around here. Your neighborhood looks a lot like mine. The only difference is that I run into deer, bulls and an occasional bison.

Pic of a little White Tail in my front yard.

Oh wow - for me that is pretty amazing to see a deer.

Where I live is just on almost the last few suburbs of the city (still close to major centre) but quickly goes into foothills with nature reserves or farmers paddocks. It’s ok, sometimes would like to be further out, sometimes closer to city centre or coast.

Spotted riding past - sorry, poor photo as they went into middle of field.

https://i.imgur.com/uWvCj7T.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2te1HAo.jpg

OMGG, now that's what I am talking about, finally!!! Hooray!

There are a few towns around here, like Boulder, Colorado, where they are in the mountains or foothills, where last week I was visiting a shop and LFS and a Mule deer was just walking along the street in a neighborhood of homes. See Antelope when in the plains and also driving out to Denver International Airport. Up the mountain it is Elk, just walking up the streets in Estes Park, town right before going into Rocky Mountain National park. See them almost every time.

I think I would pee just a little if I saw a group of kangaroo in the side of the road. Just a little....

I just about fell out of my chair on that one. Lol. Never under any circumstance admit to something like that.:facepalm:

Ha ha ha ha.

Man I saw some good looking firemouths today. I had to walk away. I might have to walk back

Back
Top Bottom