Will my carpet anenome eat my clowns?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's your light setup?

Move the carpet nem to the side of your tank and get some plexiglass to create a barrier for the fish. Seriously, protect the fish from that monster!

I still don't get the LFS. they should take it back even if for no credit.

I had MH, but they blew into smoke. Now I'm back to my 2 t-5 HO lighting 10,000k and 3 HO t-8 lighting till I can get this 8 bulb t-5 HO fixture. But the nems don't like the bright light anyway though. They stay in the shade

cody, go to a book store and get one book on reef fishes and one on inverts and anemones. even with the internet I carry those books in my car because it is so easy to give in to temptations at a LFS. most of the people at them never saw a fish untill they got hired there.
And I thought I was the only one that did that. Most LFS I go to have the same books I have in my car so I don't have to take them I just ask to see their store copy.

...But the nems don't like the bright light anyway though. They stay in the shade

Nope... anemones *need* good lighting. They stay in the shade when they are stressed or dieing. Anemones are not the most intelligent animals out there... you'd think it would move into the light when it needs more light, but they actually do just the opposite. If you supply brighter lighting (6x T5HO would be good) they will move into the light.

Honestly... the LFS won't even take it back for NO credit if you show up with it in a bag and plop it on their counter? And leave?

Honestly... the LFS won't even take it back for NO credit if you show up with it in a bag and plop it on their counter? And leave?[/QUOTE]

That's what I would do.

Is there a local club or forum that you could use for someone that is willing to take it?

No. No one will take it. But I'll just drop it off and leave. Now about the anemone that won't stick!!!!

I would start a new thread asking, you will probably get more responses that way.

Well I found someone that will take it for 20.

Attachments

• image-2805943349.jpg
    image-2805943349.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 92
Unfortunately I couldn't tell you, I do fowlr. I am not going to lie and say I know something about your anemone. Hopefully someone who can help you will respond. I would post in the sick section with a picture and ask if anything is off.

PrettyFishies said:
Get that killer out of there!

They won't take it back or won't give credit?

Unbelievable how shady so many LFS' can be. Carpets are killers and they didn't warn you. I'd be PO, but you must do research before adding anything. We know it can be hard when in the store and the desire hits you, but my strategy is that if I see something I like that I don't know, I will step back and get on my phone and look it up. I NEVER trust anyone in the LFS's i go to.

Enough about that. You need to get it out ASAP. You have a quarantine tank?

Exactly my thoughts!!!

I am using the Aquarium Forum app on my iPad and iPhone. There is a aquarium reference app that is handy when in the LFS. It would have saved you on the anemone issue.

Ok. I exchanged it. He gave me 45 for it. I only paid 30 HA. anyway I got a cleaner wrass for my ich. Should I still treat the tank though?

Back
Top Bottom