Will my snail die?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StevesPrettyCool

Aquarium Advice Activist
My snail somehow figured out how to ppull off my filter intake strainer and got stuck to the filter over night.i was able to pull him off but now his insides are hanging out. Honestly kinda looks like his brain or something. You think he'll die? Thank you in advance. hes named Sherman because he is like a tank. As you can possibly see from his shell, hes been through **** and so far he kept on ticking. I how he will be alright

ForumRunner_20111212_180910.jpg

I'm sorry your snail is injured.

That does look bad, especially if his insides are comming out!

However, snails are able to regrow a lot of lost parts like tentacles, eyes, etc. Some people might recommend euthanasia, but personally I'd give him a chance, at least a day or so, and see if he gets better...or worse.

To aid in healing, it would help to change the water lots and keep the water as clean as possible.

And if it seems like he stabilizes or gets better, maybe feed him some high protein food like betta food or carnivore food so the protein can help him heal, and regrow or regenerate.

Haha yeah its not looking too great yet but hopefully with a little time he'll get back in the shell. It kinda looks like whatever used to be on the inside is now on the outside, hopefully he can get it back in.... Sucks hahaha oh well

yeah he's a goner, just came back to him after dinner and he's floating and his brains or whatever are hanging out even more... poor thing, hope he didnt suffer too much :(

StevesPrettyCool said:
yeah he's a goner, just came back to him after dinner and he's floating and his brains or whatever are hanging out even more... poor thing, hope he didnt suffer too much :(

I'm sorry looked like a goner once I looked at picture

no, he wasnt moving, when he was floating, he was kinda falling out of his shell and the thing coming out of him swelled up kinda gross

Back
Top Bottom