Will Oscar fins grow back?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenor33

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello guys, I just received my shipment of baby Oscars from Heavenlyfish, 1 of the 4 has no top fin left and another has about a 1/3 or 1/2 of his top fin :cry: :( :x I'm gonna cal them and ask what happened but was wondering if these fins will grow back? their only babies, about 2" or 2 1/2" long. this really bothers me.

thanks XX, that makes me feel a little better other then the fact that they will be ugly for how ever long this takes to grow back :( I did talk to Bill from Heavenlyfish and he told me that they must have struggled during their trip( which I don't believe) the fins looked ripped off at the back but he did say to keep him informed on how they do and If those 2 don't make it he will replace them which I thought was good of him so we'll see I guess.

A little Melafix might be in order for the fins - I'm a big fan of this stuff for fin rot, fin tears and minor wounds.

They should grow back. I have a long fin that occassionaly get torn up and they grow back slowly. As for where you got your fish from, I have heard nothing but horror stories from other people that have gotten fish from there. I would personally boycott that place but thats just me.

Back
Top Bottom