Will these tankmates work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright, 6 kuhlis, 1 bristlenose pleco, 2 dwarf gouramis, 3 zebra danios and maybe 1 angelfish

Aggressive fish? With an angelfish and with other relatively peaceful fish? Please help me understand.

And one angel in a 30 gallon "tall" tank is about it in my opinion. Other tankmates (maybe a BN pleco) might better be something medium small and schooling. but give the angel plenty of room.

And another bit of info regarding most angelfish available today- through a lot of line breeding and bulk rearing- they can be pretty delicate, especially until the get some size to them- other fish that are inclined to pick on them can become a fatal situation for them.

And yes- "Rainbow shark"- too big and possibly boisterous.

Alright, 6 kuhlis, 1 bristlenose pleco, 2 dwarf gouramis, 3 zebra danios and maybe 1 angelfish
Thats fine, but you need 6 danios. Also, maybe just one gourami in a tank that size. At least start with one, and then see about adding another in the future depending on the tank dynamics.
Something to keep in mind. People have mixed reviews about zebra danios with angels. Some say its great, some say the danios are too zippy and tend to nip at the angel until it gets annoyed and eat them. I have never kept them together, so I don't know, just telling you there are mixed reviews about it. A calmer schooling fish would be a safer option, but its all up to you. Thats all. :)
I have never had an issue with angel fatalities, and I have bought all mine small. Just make sure to get good healthy looking ones from a reputable store and put them in well-established tanks. As soon as they get a bit of size on them and adjust to their environment, they are pretty hardy.

Ya, if I cut down to 1 gourami and no angel I will have enough room for 6 zebras...

I'll cut the angel and get a couple tiger barbs
Bad idea. I do not recommend tiger barbs with a gourami. Every once in awhile it works, but it is usually asking for trouble. It wil definitely be trouble if you get a couple rather than a full school, but even that is not recommended.

I agree, if you go danios and barbs I would skip the CP fish.

And for the kuhlis you need a substrate such as sand or small smooth stones so they can burrow without injuring themselves.

alright, no barbs, what should i put in there besides barbs, because i have decieded no on angel

alright, no barbs, what should i put in there besides barbs, because i have decieded no on angel
A school of tetras? They typically swim lower than the danios so it would fill out the tank nicely. You can do most tetras in a 29 gal, but personally, I would avoid the skirts and serapes with the gourami.

large_image;_ylt=AhLDN7HMbgD_4jZK9nHWlxtIu8EF

Back
Top Bottom