Will this hurt my snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my filter tube collects plant matter on it and if I dont get to it in time my mystery snails will get to it and start eating it... Will the suction from the filter hurt them

My snails does this all the time. I don't think it hurts them. If it does they won't be hanging out there and just go somewhere else.

roydooms said:
My snails does this all the time. I don't think it hurts them. If it does they won't be hanging out there and just go somewhere else.

That's what I thought but when I see them doing this like half their body is like sucked into the tube.. I just dont get it there is so much food they can eat and they go after that so frustrating

xfactor6699 said:
That's what I thought but when I see them doing this like half their body is like sucked into the tube.. I just dont get it there is so much food they can eat and they go after that so frustrating

Is your intake big enough to suck the snails in? The snails suction is strong enough to not get sucked in I believe.

Do you have the "cage" thingy on the bottom of your intake tube? I made that mistake once, didn't have the protector on the bottom of the tube and my mystery snail's body (not shell) was kind of sucked in and I couldn't get him off! I panicked, when I should have just unplugged the filter, and yanked him off. Something like a black cloud came out of the snail and he laid on the bottom of the tank for a couple of days. He was fine after that but you can bet I put a sponge on the intake immediately! I'll bet it hurt though, or at the very least scared him.

BeavisMom62 said:
Do you have the "cage" thingy on the bottom of your intake tube? I made that mistake once, didn't have the protector on the bottom of the tube and my mystery snail's body (not shell) was kind of sucked in and I couldn't get him off! I panicked, when I should have just unplugged the filter, and yanked him off. Something like a black cloud came out of the snail and he laid on the bottom of the tank for a couple of days. He was fine after that but you can bet I put a sponge on the intake immediately! I'll bet it hurt though, or at the very least scared him.

Yeah I have the cage thingy on it

Back
Top Bottom