will this light work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goisles1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Upgrading my sump from a 10g to a 20L. I plan to make approx 60% of the 20L into a Fuge.

I know from reading intense lighting is not needed for a sump to grow Macro Algae. I've seen some DIY projects where people use lights bought at HomeDepot.

Anyway, I have a light fixture that came with my old 10G. I can def put something together to have this mounted over the fuge section of the new sump.

Here is a picture of it. I assume the plastic over the bulbs protect it from water. This has 2 bulbs in it. They are labled 25W/120V.
Here's a Pic of the fixture:
light.jpg

Do you think it would work?

bulbs look like incondescent bulbs, may want to get compact flourescent bulbs (the spiraly kind).

You can get 10 watt CFLs (compact fluorescent lights) the same size your incandescents for a few bucks each at WalMart.

You can get 10 watt CFLs (compact fluorescent lights) the same size your incandescents for a few bucks each at WalMart.

Hey Thanks.. Yeah.. I actually bought them at HomeDepot over the weekend. They had a 2pack for like $7. I bought the highest intensity. They are like 23W rated at 5000k.

Back
Top Bottom