Wish me luck on the 4th of July with my exam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billsgate

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'll be participating in an entry exam that day, to be allowed onto the music academy. If I succeed I will get 5 years of education to become....a music producer! :lol:

This is really something I want to do. I've been preparing myself for the last 2 months.

Here's what you have to do on the entry exam:
-In one hour time you have to write down the melody and used chords of a popsong you'll get to hear, in form of a leadsheet.
-In one hour and a half time you have to write the melody and chords to a text that you receive, also on a leadsheet, and then afterwards play it to a jury of teachers.

You also have to have a little chat with them, to see if you're motivated and everything. But no problems there :wink:

I have gotten allot of support from my former music teacher in highschool. He has been teaching me some stuff over the last few weeks, And he has corrected listening exercises I made. Today was sort of a final test (I actually played some own material to him for the first time).
I was positively surprised when he said he really liked it and that if he were a teacher there he would let me pass the exam! :D That gives hope! :wink:

Only thing is I have to learn to work under some pressure. From now on I'll be doing exam simulations (1 hour for listening exercise, one hour and a half for writing exercise), to learn how to work fast.

Sooooo,

Wish me luck!

(Sorry if this thread bothered you, I just needed to tell some people! :p )

I'll be getting the results on the 8th of July. And then the search for a room starts :wink:

WOOOOOOOOT!!!! GOOD LUCK!!! (it just notified me of caps being on..:lol:) i hope you get in!!

Thanks everyone!! :wink:

Reason why I am very nervous is this: around 60-70 people try each year, and only 10-12 people pass the exam. :lol:
Plus I've only had 6 months of piano lessons and music theory, the rest is all self-taught.
I knew nearly nothing about chords for example, so I've taught myself the past month, and now I can name almost any chord you can come up with on the piano :wink:
But the description of the test clearly says that good instrumental or vocal skills are not required, more important is the ideas you can come up with and working under pressure.

I will keep you guys posted :wink:

You are certainly motivated and kudos to you for having a goal and driving yourself to achieve it :D

My fish are keeping their fins crossed for you!

649.gif
650.gif

musik22.gif
Good Luck Billsgate!
musik22.gif

2.gif

Wow, that sounds like a really great program! Best of luck to you and I'm sure you will pass the exam. :mrgreen:

Tommorow's the day! I don't know how to feel. I'm not nervous (well, maybe a little), because I have done as much as I possibly could have done (you can always do more, but hey, I worked allot for this already). I'm not scared. Just anxious to get this thing over with :D

Knowing myself, I'll probably be playing allot of mistakes on the piano because of nervousness in the beginning, and sing very quitly because I'm shy and ashamed of my voice which isn't the very best, but not bad either. (I am a perfectionist)
It'll just be a matter of staying in control of the situation, and not panic!

I've already played for 250-ish people once. It went bad (IMO, because it wasn't perfect), I didn't exactly play allot of mistakes, but I had to stop twice for a little too long because I had a blackout and didn't know anymore what notes to play next :lol: :oops:
And don't think that because I already played for allot of people that it'll be easy to play to 5 people or so...... :roll:

Anyway...keep me in your thoughts tommorow! I start at 1:30 pm, that's around 6:30-8:30 am U.S. time I believe.

Keep a cool head Thomas and I'm sure you'll do just fine. Lots of Luck buddy. :wink:

Yes, well I don't feel like doing the whole explanation, but their requirements where so high I could never had reached that level in 3 months of preparation, even if I had worked just a little harder.
Right now I don't know what to feel and what to do next. Time will tell......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom