Wisteria geting HUGE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I can see it in the pic, its on there in the pic right? What's in made out of?

What does the area behind the bulb look like? Is it curved or flat?

If its curved I would go to a hardware store and get some aluminized reflective tape($3 for a small roll) and use that behind the bulb to make a cheap reflector. I guess you could use that if its flat also.

Or get a small piece of aluminum sheet like roof flashing and cut it and bend it like this behind the bulb"\_/"(but upside down) then screw it in.
The plastic covering is what came with my new lighting system for the 29g....I didn't need two coverings for my 29g tank. The new light is resting on the hood that I already had...so I took the thin piece of plastic out of the new lighting system and put it aside thinking....one day I might need this and I did use it to cover the bulb in the 5g so it wouldn't get too much splash.
It is curved and there is absolutely NO room for anything behind it...I had to take out the reflectors that were there in order to fit the bulb in.

Well absolutely no room means that you'll have just enough room for the reflective tape;). I would try that, if there are little plastic posts there where the stock reflector was you could remove them if you want(just you wont be able to go back) they come out kinda easy with a pair of dikes and a twist

Well absolutely no room means that you'll have just enough room for the reflective tape;).

yeah....I guess so...boy do I feel silly :p. I didn't know what you were talking about at first and then I read it again....TAPE. So it should fit. I will have to look for some. Will put it on my aquarium shopping list.

yeah Lowes had a big roll for $6 and I got a small roll for $3 at ACO hardware. They are both wide tape like duct tape just the smaller roll is less feet long.

Its by no means perfect but should help for cheap and if you have no space

Back
Top Bottom