Wits end with dynoflagellets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 150 mixed reef with 55 sump. I have 4300 gph flow. Reef octopus skimmer Tao led lights on for 8 hours. Feed 7 fish once every 3 days. And recently added a DIY reactor with brightwell extraxphos . All levels are zero. Ph is 8 kh is 10 calcium 500.. Mag is high around 1800. Dyno is thriving in my tank. Clean it out by hand 30 g water change weekly and it grows faster at night with the lights off.. Dosed hydro peroxide 3 days 10ml then 50 ml. Then 150 ml last night. Woke up this morning and it grew even faster..shut the skimmer off for 2 days and it slowed.. Turned back on and they grew again.. Too much oxygen?? . Next stop is a sledge hammer... Someone please help!! Tank is 11 months old. Corals are doing great. Fish look ok. Lost 2 wrasses and a clam in the last 2 months since dyno started.. Thinking take corals and fish out and black out the tank for 10 days?

I just did some reading. And I found out that dyno thrives on clean water. Stop doing water changes and either dose nitrates. Or let it naturally rise.. Keep siphoning and it will go away.... Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom