Women are so fake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RogerMcAllen

Aquarium Advice Addict
When it comes down to it, I just love the females. I can't get enough of them. It has gotten so bad that every time I find a female betta of a new color, I just have to buy her. It has gotten so bad that I now have a 10 gallon on my desk next to me wtih 4 of the beauties. My biggest gripe with these tarts is that the put on one dress in the store, but once I get them home they completely change colors.

My first love was a lovely yellow specimin. Her body was mosly white, with the most beautiful yellow fins you could imagine. I quickly snapped her up. As soon as she got settled in, she quickly when white, and has never gone yellow again.

My second purchase was a stunning blue. I thought this one would be true to me, but no. Once she was home she quickly gained and additional red trim around the edges of her fins. Her body then became a dark shade of purple.

My third was a striking red. Like a cherry she danced for me in the store. I hoped and wished she would stay this way, but alas. She too turned on me. Her fins stayed bright red, but her body went blue.

My most recent purchase was a powder blue knock-out. Her Dorsal fin had these great little spots, making her unique from all others I had seen. She was to be my favorite, but even she turned on me. Almost immediately as I put her to float in the 10 gallon she turned the deepest blue you could imagine. A red stripe appeared upon her stomche, giving her the appearance of a robin.

Anyone who tells you that a female betta has no color is a fool and a liar.

Before I read the post (only reading the title) I thought UH OH This guy is going to be banned. I can only IMAGINE what he has to say. :D

RogerMcAllen wrote:
I wish, but there is always another dame making eyes at me every time I go to the pet shop.

You, too? It's a difficult cross to bear....

It's the wiggle in your walk.

I wish, but there is always another dame making eyes at me every time I go to the pet shop.

Shhhhh.... You'll make your other ladies jealous! :nono:

I know what you mean. I found a beautiful bright green female betta at the LFS.
Just had to buy her she was so GREEN. A few days later she was as blue as can be.
Still very pretty.

Back
Top Bottom