Won Brothers Pro Heat II - lousy design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phases99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just picked up this heater from Darin at Captive Reefs, a nice place to buy supplies. I have to admit that the heater has a lousy design. Instead of having a power cord the plug is located on the back of the controller. This prevents you from hanging the controller above the tank where the digital temp would be clearly visible. I guess I could attach an extention cord to it but there still is no slot on the controller to hang it. What's the sense of having a digital temp readout if it is behind a cabinet. :(

Here is what I did to solve the problem in case anyone wants to do the same. I bought an extention cord with a square opening on the head from Lowes and screwed a white hook into the wall and hung the controller from it. Suprisingly it looks fine and now the temp is clearly visible and out of reach from curious hands. Another note the heater is rock solid! I have had no more than .5F daily variances.
Worlds apart from the crappy Visitherm Stealths I had which were all over the place.

yeah, i had the same complaint. interestingly, one of the pictures in the manual shows it with the cord coming out the bottom, along with the heater cord and the thermo cord. :roll:

since i have two heaters, what i did to solve the problem was use a cheap power strip with the oulets oriented sideways so that i could plug both heaters into one power strip... it basically makes it useless for any other plugs, but it works well for two heaters.

~mike

Back
Top Bottom