Worm/fish/???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JLH-l3ioCub3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm hoping someone can identify this creature for me. Approx. 1" worm looking thing that Appeared to have thousands of tiny hair legs that moved like a brine shrimp to swim. It is extremely fast though! As fast as any fish.. Pinkish in color or beige Unfortunately I can't provide pics... Here's why..

I'm sitting on my couch watching a movie with my wife and she looks over at the tank, and says "what the heck is that!?" and runs over and turns the lights on. We see this 1" worm thing zipping around all over the tank really fast back and forth, up and down all over the place. I grab my net to try and catch it and suddenly it swam straight into my mini carpet anemone and that was the end of it! I tried getting it out of the nem but to no avail!
Craziest thing ever! I've had this tank going for 8 months now and have never seen it! I haven't added any rocks or corals for over a month and the last was a small duncan frag. Before that it had been atleast 3 months.
I think I've seen these things swimming in the dock lights out in the intracoastal.

I think it's a very good possibility. Just can't find much info on this particular species.

Back
Top Bottom